20 in stock
China Gunpowder Temple of Heaven Green Leaf Tea 750g
This green tea gets its name from its unique appearance, which is similar to the gunpowder from 18th century British cannons. This gunpowder tea is picked and rolled into tiny, shiny pellets.
When hot water is added, the little tea balls unfold and produce a flavoured brew with a unique fragrance and a delightful, lingering aftertaste.
· 1 teaspoon of loose leaf tea is recommended for every 150ml of water.
· Ideal water temperature for this type of tea is between 70 °C to 80 °C.
· For the first and second brewing, leaves should be steeped for around one minute.
· It is also recommended that the tea cup or tea pot used should be rinsed with hot water prior to brewing the tea to warm them.
· When brewed, gunpowder tea is a yellow colour.
The flavour of the tea is often described as thick and strong, but with a smokey flavour and an aftertaste that is slightly coppery. This type of tea is often seen as having a flavour that is somewhat grassy, minty, or peppery
The tea is packed into a sealed pouches to ensure optimum freshness of the tea.